It's all going to work out, right?

For the past 3 weeks I have been busy organising my move, spending last days with my exchange friends and also last weeks in Bangkok. Earlier this month I said final goodbyes to my dear friend Madoka who went back to her home country Japan. We spent her last day here together just the two of us and I felt so sad the whole day. Of course we had our funny moments but still I got more and more sad as the day went by. I gave her a Moomin mug and some Moomin candy that my mum brought from Finland as a farewell present. She loves Moomins so I was happy to give those to her and also because they were something to remind her of Finland and me :) I also got a handwritten card from her and the text was something that I will never forget. I got tears in my eyes while reading it because I felt so thankful to have met such a kind and honest person. I was so glad that at least someone really appreciated the time I spent with her and I had made someone happy. She is really a person who I hope I will never lose. I wish our friendship will last although we live far far away from each other. That's why I really want to go to Osaka again next spring and I hope she manages to come to Finland someday in the future. 




Miss her so much ♥




We also did our nails together for the last time :)

In addition to everything, I have tried to enjoy familiar but also new things. I really love watching ice hockey and thanks to the internet I have managed to watch some games during my stay here. One of the most exciting games I have watched was between Tappara and Ilves that I watched this month. Both of the teams are from my home city and Tappara is my favourite teams so it's always fun to watch them compete against each other. This time my team won! 

I went to see my FIRST (No I'm not kidding) Star Wars movie with my friend who loves SW. Somehow I have never been interested in that movie series therefore I hadn't seen the previous ones and had almost any knowledge about them. But I was still willing to go with her especially because it was in 4D. I ended up liking the movie although I couldn't really understand everything even with my friend's explanation. Maybe in the future I will watch the previous ones too...


During one weekend there was a Great Gatsby themed Christmas market in K Village which is near where me and my friend live. We decided to check it out and also the K Village at the same time. Surprisingly I was able to buy a world map where you can scratch out the countries you have visited! I was very happy about that because I have wanted something like that for such a long time. Now I also have a nice case for my passport. There were quite a lot of booths selling food, clothes, jewellery, accessories for dogs and many other stuff. You could also play various games and win prizes which was nice for the children. We only bought dessert from there but our dinner we ate in one of the restaurants in K Village. One thing I have come to love about Bangkok is the amount of markets and how there are so many different kinds of them. If you ever visit Bangkok, you should find out if there's some special market open then. 

Cutest ice-cream ever! It was perfect for me :D


On Monday I visited my apartment in Laem Chabang for the first time. My friend came with me and we also took most of my belongings there. For the transportation I ended up using the GrabTaxi app. This was my first time using it but because you can order a big sized taxi and easily tell from where are you going and where to, I decided to use it. It was a really good decision because I got a really good and nice driver and he was okay with taking us back to Bangkok after I payed for my apartment and moved my stuff to the room. Some parts of the trip I wasn't really feeling well because the past 2 days I was ill and on Monday I still felt like I was going to throw up. This was actually my first time being sick during my exchange and I was quite angry with myself because the sickness really messed up my moving plans. My friend was also ill so we figured that the reason was probably the cake we ate on Christmas Eve or something else we ate then. Luckily I'm not feeling sick anymore but I'm really nervous about moving to a new place and how my internship is going to go. I'm not familiar with Laem Chabang and also doing an internship in a company where I'm going so it's a bit scary to be honest. But it's all going to work out, right? 

xoxo, Elina

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

"Tuparit"

Muumimaailma - Winter Adventure

Seoul, South Korea 29.4.-8.5.2016 ♥