Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 4.-7.2.2016 ♥

Last month I had to do a visa run and I chose to go to Kuala Lumpur which is really convenient due to its near location. Fortunately I ended up getting 2 days off from work so I had a long weekend to spend there. I flew there on Thursday morning and came back on Sunday afternoon. This time I only flew with AirAsia and so far I have been satisfied with their service. One thing they could try to make better is the check-in service at the airport because on Thursday I was really nervous about making to the flight due to a really long check-in line. But it's something I can also forgive because most of the airlines have long lines no matter how many counters they use etc. So for a cheap airline AirAsia is really good! 

During my trip I went to see a few "must-see" places and checked out some shopping places. I was interested in going up to the KL Tower but just like in Singapore, I decided not to use my money for that. I was also lucky to see it really well from my hotel room. For travelling from place to place I used only the metro/light train system. At first it was quite confusing because in Kuala Lumpur they don't have only a metro but also other "trains" and changing from one to another was especially at one station really badly organized. But I still found it the best way to travel because I could go everywhere by using it. I also recommend to use the KLIA ekspress or the "slower" KLIA train from/to the airport. I used the ekspress one but the other one is good too, it just stops in a few places addition to the airport terminals and the express one stops only in KLIA 2, KLIA and KL Sentral. The KLIA ekspress return ticket was 100 MRY and the journey takes about 25 minutes. One important note: there's free WIFI on the train! 

In my opinion a weekend is enough time to see the main attractions in Kuala Lumpur. For me it really was enough because in the end I was happy to go back to Thailand due to the local people. It was quite distracting and unpleasant to walk around when most of the men kept looking in a not so nice way but I don't mean all of them. There was only a definite group of men with a similar ethnic and religious background who did that but I'm not naming anything so everyone can just think about it themselves. I'm sure I wouldn't have paid attention to it so much if I was with someone but because I was alone I kept noticing it. It also didn't come as a surprise because I had heard it's like that there and you should better avoid going alone. I had only 1 choice and it was to go alone and I'm glad I did so I didn't miss out on that trip. I thought I wouldn't go there again but because of the EXO concert, I went there again last weekend. If you have time and interest, go and explore Kuala Lumpur and it doesn't matter if you have only a few days time. 

Here's some pictures from my first KL trip: 

Chinatown




I was going to see the twin towers also in the evening but then I changed my plan
which was actually a good thing because it was raining heavily in the evening. 
But I'm happy I saw it at least in daytime :) 

Petronas Twin Towers 

Menara KL (Kuala Lumpur Tower)
Every night I saw a different colored lights.
View from my hotel room,
really loved seeing the tower so well from my windows. 

Due to Chinese New Year, there was a lot of nice decorations around:




xoxo, Elina

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

"Tuparit"

Muumimaailma - Winter Adventure

Seoul, South Korea 29.4.-8.5.2016 ♥